How to Qualify for Amazon Seller Fulfilled Prime
Get Your Business Into Prime Time: 10 Tips To Become a Seller Fulfilled By Amazon
One way to level up your online business is by becoming a seller fulfilled by Amazon. Here are 10 tips on how to get your product ready for Amazon Prime!
If you’ve thought about selling your products on Amazon, then you’re already on the right track to a successful business. Amazon is one of the largest online retailers. With its ever-growing popularity, your business is sure to flourish when listing your products for sale on Amazon.
But successfully selling and shipping your products on this retail giant’s site isn’t a simple task. You’ll need to know how to get the most out of it, which will bring you the most profit in return. The seller fulfilled by Amazon Prime (SFP) program is a way to bring customers the convenience of Amazon Prime without costing the seller bundles of fees, product delays, and mishandled inventory.
Becoming a seller fulfilled by Amazon customer ensures the ultimate profit for your business. Ready to learn more? Continue reading below for 10 tips to become one today!
- Know What a Seller Fulfilled by Amazon Is
Because Amazon Prime offers buyers many benefits such as fast shipping and free shipping, it’s become one of the top things buyers look for when browsing through products. If a product doesn’t qualify for Prime, then he or she continues looking for a similar product that does. Because of this, sellers who offer Prime to their buyers climb to the top of the search results while other sellers fall behind.
This ensures that investing in becoming a Primer seller is worth it. A seller fulfilled by Amazon is someone who offers Prime products and manages their own inventories and avoids fees that they’d otherwise acquire while using Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA). This also helps sellers manage any returns in an easier and simpler manner.
- Create an Amazon Seller Account
Now that you have a better understanding of what a seller fulfilled by Amazon account is, it’s time to create your own. You’ll first need to start by creating an Amazon seller account. The next step is to choose a plan that best fits your needs. If you’re just starting out, it might be a good idea to choose the “sell as an individual” plan.
This is a great way to get started before applying for a seller fulfillment Amazon account. There are fees associated with each product that you sell if choosing this plan. If you plan on selling more than 40 items when you first start out, then it might be a better option to choose a professional plan.
You can then add your Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) account.
- Consider Your Product Opportunities
The next step is to consider your product opportunities. Private labeling is the best way to leverage the FBA model. To do so, you’ll need to establish a brand and then apply it to your product to sell on Amazon. Now, complete an Amazon product search for the product you’re considering to sell.
If this product isn’t too popular and the other sellers are offering it at a cheaper price than you are, then you might set yourself up for a loss. Take the time to search for popular products, check competitor pricing, and improve on the product or seller it at a cheaper rate for the best success.
- List Your Products for Sale
You’ll now need to list your products for sale. Log into your account and click on “Add a listing.” Include descriptions for each product and check off that the items will sell through FBA.
Don’t forget to switch the default mode of “Individual” to “Case-Packed Items.” This ensures that Amazon will track each of your items separately since you’ll be shipping multiple orders of the same item.
- Prepare Products For Shipment
Now you’ll need to know how to prepare your products for shipment. You begin this process by clicking on “Work on Shipment.” You can then create and print shipping labels for your items.
There are several options to choose from. Once you choose your label, you’ll want to choose a carrier. You can then begin to print out your labels and ship out your packages.
- Know the Eligibility Requirements
Now that you’ve spent some time learning the beginning stages of selling through Amazon, you can now begin focusing on eligibility requirements for a seller fulfilled by Amazon account. The eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Professional Selling Account with Premium Shipping– This is why we suggested you start out small and then work your way up to a professional selling account that offers premium shipping. Your account also needs to be in good standing with premium shipping of two-day or one-day services.
- Send Out 30 Premium Shipping Orders the Month Before– The month before you apply for a seller fulfilled by Amazon account, you’ll need to have sent out at least 30 premium shipping orders.
- Have a Set Delivery Pick Up Time– You must have a set delivery pick up time with your carriers of 4:00 pm or later with a preferred Buy Shipping Service delivery partner of theirs.
- Meet the Baseline Requirements– There’s a performance tab in your seller account where you can check that you’re meeting Amazon’s requirements for a seller fulfilled account with Prime. The requirements include a 4.5-star rating or higher, 94% or more of the Prime orders sent with a valid tracking ID, 1% or less of Prime shipping orders canceled, and 96% or more of Prime orders delivered on time.
- Sign Up For the Seller Fulfilled Prime Trial– Fill out the application listed on the seller fulfilled by Amazon Prime’s main page. You’ll answer some questions and provide some information.
- Select Items to Sell During the Trial– If you’re approved for the Prime trial, select which products you want to sell during the trial. Do so by assigning SKUs to these products. Be sure not to miss this step because Amazon won’t count them towards your performance results.
- Complete 200 Prime Trial Orders– If you complete 200 Prime trial orders, then it’s time to check your performance numbers. You’ll need a 95% rate or higher of using Buy Shipping Services, a 99% rate or higher on-time shipment rate, and a 1% rate or less of cancelations.
Failure to meet these requirements within 90 days of the trial will result in you needing to reapply. If you do meet these requirements, then you’ve made it!
- Keep in Mind Some Key Facts About FBA
There are some key things to keep in mind when choosing a seller fulfilled by Amazon account. These key facts are as followed:
- Seller fees- Amazon takes a 15% cut on sales through FBA.
- You pay shipping fees- You’re responsible for shipping charges to Amazon.
- Additional fees- Any product handled by Amazon for packing or shipping includes a fee, storage includes a fee, and other additional fees exist.
- Sales tax- If you live in a state where you’re required to report sales tax, you’ll need to keep this in mind too. You also might be shipping to another state that has this requirement.
Keep these facts in mind to ensure that you’re making the right selection. Choosing a seller fulfilled by Amazon Prime account is a good way to reduce these fees.
- Consider a Training Course
There are some training courses that you can sign up to take to help you through the process. There’s an Amazon boot camp that’ll help you through the process. There’s also a 7-day free email course, which will help you decide which option is the best for you.
Opting to take a training course helps you prepare for what to expect from different Amazon account plans.
- Determine if It’s Worth it For You
After going through these several tips, determine if a seller fulfilled by Amazon account is worth it for you. Have you put in the time and effort into building a good customer base? If you’ve gone through these tips above and believe that you’re ready to meet the requirements needed to have a successful account, then it’s time to start considering applying for an account.
- Find a Key Partner to Assist You
The process of having a successful Prime account is a difficult one, but it’s worth the effort. Having this account will ensure that you’re a quality seller selling to loyal Prime members. Your business will reap the benefits.
But one way to ensure your success is to find a key partner to assist you with your fulfillment account. Having a partner to help you through the process will help you meet Prime status quickly and smoothly.
Find Your Reliable Partner Today
So, what are you waiting for? Find your reliable partner today and get the process towards a successful seller fulfilled by Amazon account started! Contact us today to see how we can help you.